Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fatherhood.

Crying shameful, stabbing
deep, 
Twisting the blade, unable
to sleep, 
Pray to God don't let me
weep...

Judgment, harsh, lingering
pain, 
Those little eyes that kept
me sane, 
Broken shards as it feeds
the pain...

Treasure still, they'll never
know why, 
Alone, reality, take my shame
and die, 
Cradled by nothing, knees
to face, I cry... 

Worked til I bled, facing
down the storm, 
A billion they swarm, but
its' the small things that
kill, 
Taken by surprise, alone
to swallow this bitter
pill... 

Weeping silent, alone, 
sitting still...

No friends, no family, no
eyes upon the tragedy,
None to witness that sacrifice,
Just judgment of their Mom's
device... 

Perhaps its' all I deserve,
A space in hell held on special
reserve,
Good intentions as they say, 
Forward, prolonged, and lead
the way,
Spread the word of my own
decay,
No longer the source of their
shame and dismay...
-END-
(C) D.C. Chapman
04/30/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment