Saturday, July 20, 2013

Head Check.

So an asshole I am, really? For
giving a God Damn?
Or was it the fact that I could
see through the smoke screens and
called it a sham?

For listening to the little voice,
the one that matters and making
a choice?
Every day, to work and work,
toil that life away,
While you're out there with your
candy playing all day.

Was it because I came when you
called?
Or was it that I walked instead
of crawled?
Was it that I said I cared or that
I proved it in action instead
of word?

That I won't back down and
grovel, ignoring what's seen and
heard?
Don't be absurd, a spine is a
spine and I know perfectly well
just how to use mine.

So if an asshole is what I am,
then that is what it takes,
To call out your tweaking and twitching,
to bring to light the source of
your shakes,
To speak the truth and keep at
bay all the leeches and snakes.

In the end I pay my dues and
walk the talk,
So an asshole I am, but made
from different stalk...
-END-
(C) D.C. Chapman
07/20/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment