Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Round-A-Bout.

What if I really got what
I gave?
What if I was actually
worth the fucking
save?

What if I was a
priority?
What if I was worth more
than opinion and
majority?

What if there was more
than point of
view?
What if it really was worth
it to make one out
of two?

What if there was such
a thing as love in
return?
What if it wasn't one way?
What if it didn't have to
ache and burn?

What if it was an easy
choice?
What if it was more than
an opinionated
voice?

What if you loved me as
much as I loved you?
What if I wasn't just a choice
and the yearning burned you
too?

Instead of this runaround,
This heartache that runs so many
into the ground,
What if it were not about what
you are, but who you're
with?
Instead of the constant
turnaround?
-END-
(C) D.C. Chapman
2/26/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment